|St. Josephs Episcopal Church|
|House located on Maple Street|
|Serenity Glass Park|
The town became a borough in 1882 and was an important logging town with several hotels and businesses. The population continued to increase by the 1900's and the town had saw mills, butter dish manufacturer, chemical plant, Citizens Gas Company, door and blind company. Port Allegany was also a leader in glass making and had multiple glass manufactures such as the Olean Glass Company, Ball-Foster Glass Container Corporation and the Pittsburgh-Corning Corporation giving the nickname "the glass block capitol of the world".
|Park in the middle of town|
|Map of Port Allegany|
Today, Port Allegany has Serenity Glass Park and many historic structures and restaurants throughout.